Doctor Michaël Papaloïzos
• Born 1960, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
• Medical education, Lausanne University School of Medicine, Switzerland, graduated 1986
• Doctoral Thesis, Lausanne University School of Medicine (1994)
• Traumatology and orthopaedic surgery, Neuchâtel and CHUV Lausanne (1987-1988)
• Peripheral nerve, plexus and hand surgery, the Longeraie Clinic, Lausanne (1989-1991)
• Fellowship in plastic, reconstructive and hand surgery, Zurich University Hospital (1992-1994)
• One year research fellowship, Lund University and Malmö Hospital, Sweden (1995)
• Consultant, Hand Surgery Unit, Geneva University Hospital (1996-2001)
• Previously Associate professor, Plastic Reconstructive and Hand Surgery, Lausanne University Hospital.
• 2001 Sumner L. Koch Award of the Chicago Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH 2000, Baltimore)
• 34 peer-reviewed publications, co-author Handbook of Hand Surgery (Elsevier Masson, Paris 2014-2015), author of several book chapters in Hand and peripheral nerve Surgery.
• Previously reviewer, Journal of Hand Surgery (European Edition, 2010-2018)
• Corresponding Editor, Journal of Hand Surgery and Rehabilitation, Paris
• More than 100 presentations at national and international meetings.
• Swiss Society for Hand Surgery (1997)
• FESSH, Federation of European Societies for Hand Surgery (1997)
• ASSH, American Society for Surgery of the Hand (2001)
• Swiss and European Society for Neuroscience (1999)
• FMH, Swiss Medical Federation
• AMGe, Geneva Medical Association